[c-nsp] small cisco as ethernet bridge, IPv6 broken, sadness

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Thu Sep 10 06:40:56 EDT 2009

Olof,

You are right. I just did a more thorough investigation, and it seems that IPv6 has not been supported on BVI up till (very) recently.

There is an enhancement which is implemented through CSCta27529 "IPv6 support for BVI interface". It is a new fix, and it should be integrated in the coming 12.4T releases.
I am checking with the DE to see in which release we should officially expect it, and would update.

Thanks
Arie