[c-nsp] Catalyst vs. Nexus

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Sep 10 12:39:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 06:28:25PM +0200, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> Now you know (one of the reasons) why some of us love our Juniper
> M/MX/T routers :-)

Why am I not suprised at all to see this comment? ;-))

Now, with Junipers, you have incompatible hardware thingies ("no, you
cannot use feature X with gige module Y").  But as far as software goes,
they are doing an amazing job - while Cisco is moving itself deeper and
deeper into the mud.

(Did I send my daily rant about the SR and SX split already?  But this
is really just the tip of the 12.2/S/S* 12.3/T 12.4/T XR XE NX... iceberg)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de