[c-nsp] Change VRF RD

Rob Shakir rjs at eng.gxn.net
Sat Sep 12 16:57:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 04:21:03PM +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> AFAIK there's no way around it. And AFAIK it's not Sup720 specific.

One thing that might be 7600/6500 specific on this matter is that we have been
seeing multiple crashes on both primary and secondary supervisors when changing
elements such as this on this platform running 12.2SR/12.2SX code.

We've figured the safest way is to configure this in parallel, then try and
clean up every line of VRF configuration relating to the old VRF. We've seen
crashes where there's memory corruption and the primary supervisor crashes. Or
where the line-by-line sync to the secondary in SSO causes it to crash. Both are
triggered by trying to remove the VRF RD and reconfigure it.

TAC haven't been able to reproduce either, so unfortunately we've got no bug ID.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Shakir                      <rjs at eng.gxn.net>
Network Development Engineer    GX Networks/Vialtus Solutions

This email is subject to: http//www.vialtus.com/disclaimer.html