[c-nsp] Vulnerable Software - search function?

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Sun Sep 13 13:29:37 EDT 2009

Garry <gkg at gmx.de> writes:

> I was wondering ... has Cisco ever had the idea of creating something
> like the FN just for security advisories?

IIRC the last time I tried to use Cisco Works (a couple of years back)
there was a feature to check for Bugs in all IOSes used in a network
managed by Cisco Works.

It always returned 0 Bugs.  I used Wireshark to troubleshoot this and
found out that CW was always trying to reach a specific website and the
server returned a 404.

I know some people who would rely on the message by CW and who would
feel perfectly save.

Jens