[c-nsp] Cat 4948 NAT support

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Mon Sep 14 14:33:09 EDT 2009

Dan Benson wrote:
> I have a 4948 that I was hoping to upgrade a few systems with but I am
> dead in the water as it seems it does not support NAT.

I don't have any idea how to make it work but I do question doing NAT on
a CAT to begin with.  Even if it did support NAT it would be done in
software.  Someone firing up a simple BitTorrent client would likely be
enough to bring it to its knees.  It's like doing NAT on the Sup in a
65/7600.  A few Mbps is enough to bring the box down.  If NAT is a
requirement then I'd look at doing it with a firewall or real router.

Best of luck
  Justin