[c-nsp] MPLS TE Fast Re-route

Charlie Greenaway Charlie.Greenaway at btinet.bt.com
Mon Sep 14 19:25:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a question on MPLS TE and Fast Re-Route.

I have a test network and I want to check that the behaviour I am seeing is correct.

When you set-up an backup path for patch-protection, it would seem that RSVP sends signalling messages down the backup path to reserve the bandwidth.  However, it does not seem to build an LSP and assign labels to it until the primary path breaks.  Is this correct?  Has anyone got any advice on using MPLS FRR?

Thanks,

Charlie G

Charlie Greenaway - CCIE#11226 (Security/R&S)

Solutions Architect | BT iNet |
Email: charlie.greenaway at btinet.bt.com | Web: www.btinet.bt.com

This electronic message contains information from BT iNet, which may be privileged or confidential.  The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please let me know immediately on the e-mail address above.
Activity and use of the BT iNet e-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.