[c-nsp] ifType of 877W ATM and ADSL interfaces

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 02:57:06 EDT 2009

Hello

I have an 877W with IOS 12.4(22)T1 here, and I am writing some code to
interpret ATM and ADSL stats from the router.

IF-MIB::ifTable shows "ATM0" as being of type adsl(94), "ATM0-atm layer"
as being of type atm(37) and "ATM0-adsl" as being of type adsl(94).

ATM-MIB::atmVclTable has entries for ATM0, even though this is an 'adsl'
interface.  This seems wrong - should the entries not be indexed for the
'atm(37)' interface?

Also, if there are two interfaces with type 'adsl(94)', why is it that
the second - "ATM0-adsl" - only has entries in the ADSL-LINE-MIB?  ISTM
the ifTypes are set incorrectly, and maybe ATM0 should have an ifType to
more accurately reflect what it is.

I am thoroughly confused - is this a bug in the SNMP agent?

Regards,

Peter