[c-nsp] 2801 as console server

Nigel Roy nigel at theroys.me.uk
Wed Sep 16 06:42:39 EDT 2009

If you use the 6018 instead of 2018 you should find the control characters escape characters etc work.

2xxx are 7 bit connections
4xxx give echo - you don't want that
6xxx are 8 bit connections.

Don't remember trying it with ssh but the 6xxx are certainly better for connecting to Cisco devices via TS as it even allows you to get at the boot loader if you need to - however that does obviously have security implications!!

Regards Nigel