[c-nsp] 3560 arbitrarily ignoring ACL

Cord MacLeod cordmacleod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:48:37 EDT 2009

All,

I've taken over a 3560 around 10 months ago, and it's been performing
well until last night.  With no warning, no log output or anything to
indicate trouble, it stopped processing one of my ACL rules.  I have
about 100 rules in the ACL and this one is near the beginning.  It
stopped allowing port 443 to a particular vip, which was alive and
well at the time.  After creating a copy of the ACL and flipping from
the original to the copy and back, all was well again.  Anyone know
anything about this issue?

Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version
12.2(25)SEB4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 30-Aug-05 17:56 by yenanh

Switch   Ports  Model              SW Version              SW Image
*    1   52     WS-C3560G-48TS     12.2(25)SEB4            C3560-
ADVIPSERVICESK