[c-nsp] Assistance configuring a router to trigger remote blackhole

Naveen Nathan naveen at lastninja.net
Fri Sep 18 18:47:04 EDT 2009

> If I understand you correctly, wouldn't one need an extra entry in the
> OUTBOUND prefix-list that allows host routes to be advertised to the
> transit?:

Steve, that was exactly the problem. I've been meaning to give an update.
Kevin helped me off-list find the issue.

After adding host-routes to OUTBOUND prefix-list, it was advertising.
Then a couple more hours later diddling with the config and skimming
books I realized I needed to include:

ip community-list x:666 standard permit, and then the route-map
began to match the host-routes and advertise to the eBGP peers.

Thanks to everyone that gave input & advice.

--
Naveen Nathan

To understand the human mind, understand self-deception. - Anon