[c-nsp] Need help troubleshooting CRC errors

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Fri Sep 18 19:08:09 EDT 2009

This document might help you:

Understanding Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) on ATM Interfaces

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk39/tk371/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c8279.shtml

This is what it says about Length Violations:

"A router increments the AAL5 length violation counter when the calculated size of a reassembled packet fails to match the received
value of the AAL5 length field regardless of the MTU. To understand how these violations can occur, you need to understand how a
receiving ATM interface recognizes the last cell of a frame."

What ATM NM do you have in the 3640 ? Did you change the default MTU from 4470 to 1500 ?

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S)
amsoares at netcabo.pt