[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Sep 18 20:41:01 EDT 2009

Jay Hennigan wrote:
> What the #$^&$@# is going on with Cisco's download site?  It completely
> hangs Firefox with some shopping cart java thing.  And this is downright
> scary:  http://www.west.net/~jay/images/cisco-wants-root.png
>
> Enhanced downloads, brought to you by the same people who brought us
> enhanced interrogation?
>
> Is there a workaround?  What happened to our friend kobayashi ?

I have a solution.  Each and every time you want an IOS image contact
your account team and ask them to send it to you.  Do this every single
time you need an image.  When I'm upgrading code I may do this for a
dozen different models in a given day.  Don't forget the FPM, bootroms,
etc.  Annoy the living shit out of your account team and let THEM put
the pressure on the fucknuts who run cisco.com.  It's clear that they
could care less what we customers think.  Perhaps if their own coworkers
bitch and moan about being made to do additional work something might
change.

Justin