[c-nsp] CISCO SOHO 96 ISDN Issue

Teddy A. teddy.asrat at africaonline.co.sz
Sat Sep 19 10:38:05 EDT 2009

Good Day,

I have a problem with a client's CISCO SOHO 96 router, it is supposed to be
used for ISDN DOD (Dial On Demand), but the problem is the ADSL RXD and TXD
link light keep blinking and I get the following log on the console:

DSL: connection has reached max retries toggle to other mode

The configurations for the router is exactly the same as other clients using
the system, the only difference being that the other routers do not have
ADSL ports. The router doesn't even send authentication packets to the
RADUIS server. I have tried downloading the latest firmware from CISCO and
flashing the router with it, but as soon as the router has finished loading
and it gets to the Press Return To Get Started prompt those two ASDSL RXD
and TXD start flickering simultaneously.

I am starting to think it might be a hardware problem, but I wanted to know
if anyone else has experienced the same problem, and if they ever managed to
sort it out.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Teddy A.