[c-nsp] Need help troubleshooting CRC errors

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Mon Sep 21 03:10:38 EDT 2009

I've seen similar situations where a shaping fine tuning in the carrier equipment's settings solved the CRC errors.
All the ATM VP/VC related equipment in the circuit should be shaped properly, depending on what type of service you get, CBR, VBR, etc.
Either too high or too low values could cause cells drops thus rising the CRC errors. A 20% overhead needs to be taken in count for ATM to non-ATM conversions in the circuit
HTH
Ziv