[c-nsp] Cisco IPSec/VPN + DNS - Issue

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Sep 21 01:12:36 EDT 2009

Just an update on this for the archives:

Turned out to be one of the DNS servers specified in the
information pushed by the IPSec/VPN server was not
configured to provide recursive look-ups for the address
space assigned to users when they connect to the VPN.

Figured it out when moving the DNS server IP addresses
around with the SSL/VPN as well.

I suppose what threw me off is the fact that Cisco seem to
have scenarios where the VPN works, but DNS doesn't.

Our Systems Administrators will be fixing the recursive
ACL's.

Cheers,

Mark.