[c-nsp] Cisco TAC issues - can someone from Cisco enlighten me on this?

Steven Fischer sfischer1967 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:45:43 EDT 2009

the specific bug that caused my issue is *CSCta02715*
Now, I find it scary that a command element related to logging could take
down an array of 6500's.  Furthermore, we had been running the SXH5 code
with the "logging count" command element enabled on two of the four core
switches for 30 days (the code had actually been running for three months+)

logging count is a way to quickly check log messages on a switch/router, and
provides simple output that can be used to identify recurring and troubling
issues.

see:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_logging_count.html

--
To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his
glorious presence without fault and with great joy