[c-nsp] Out of order queuing

chris.flav at yahoo.ca chris.flav at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 21 15:56:44 EDT 2009

>Is a different load balancing algorithm possible here?  Perhaps flow-based load-balancing instead of packet-based would solve the problem.  Less throughput>achieved per flow but it should balance itself out when you factor in all the other flows.  Plus no out-of-order packets.>>Justin

Hello,

Unfortunately the point of this load balancing is to allow more throughput per flow.  There is actually more throughput possible, however a good amount (20-30%) is not available with 2 paths, and almost no gain whatsoever is made when a third path is added.

Is there no queueing mechanism that can mitigate this that we could apply on the interface facing us?

C. Flav