[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Sep 21 23:03:44 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 9:51 PM, Michael Sinatra wrote:

> On 9/18/09 5:59 AM, Eric Van Tol wrote:
>
>> My impression is that they take their feedback from customers that
>> don't use the Cisco site all that often and are caught up in the
>> mythical "Web 2.0" garbage that keeps infecting the internet.
>
> Except that, in Cisco's case, it's "Web 2.0(45a)SXB12b."  And it
> doesn't actually work.
>
> What's amazing is that after several tries to get the stoopid thing
> to work, I still had to rename the files (with the embedded
> backslashes mentioned before).  Clearly, they didn't test on any
> platform other than Oscar Bauer's Windows XP machine.  That's such a
> fundamental violation of any interoperability standard that it's
> laughable.

I talked to Oscar, while I do agree with the image that you paint, he
also claimed that there was testing on more than 1 platform/OS.  I
don't know how broad this is, but you should continue to make your
feedback well known.  You can have your SE send him an email as well
as those in his mgmt chain if you do not feel his responses were good
enough for your needs.

I honestly think he is going to address this issue.  I think the
workaround process of opening a TAC case for each image you want to
download will help keep this process at the forefront of the radar on
the support org.

Also, if you got the Walker Survey, make sure your sales rep
understands the impact this has on your responses.  Their bonus is
impacted based on this response.

	- Jared