[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 vs ASR 9000

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Wed Sep 23 03:28:34 EDT 2009

The 7600 supports NSF/SSO (Non-Stop Forwarding, Stateful Supervisor
O(something)) essentially giving you the <5sec recovery but the neighbors
need to be NSF Aware.

Or you can use RPR+ (the 30secs version) and ensure your layer3 network
routes around the missing box in well under a second.

For our core - we're taking the second option.