[c-nsp] Download manager hell and latest Windows VPN Client?

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Sep 24 12:04:54 EDT 2009

Gert Doering wrote:
> I really can't understand what is so hard about FTP access.
>
> Fill in a web form once, claim "yes, I'm no terrorist!", and then the
> FTP servers put you into a "he's no terrorist, may download crypto
> software" group...
>
> This is really "Internet 0.9" knowledge.

Or if they are concerned about encrypted data paths they could use SFTP
or FTPS (greatly prefer SFTP).

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Forward-facing product pages
can have all the marketing fluff to help sell the product.  Once we own
the product we users and customers of Cisco use the support pages.
There should be absolutely no marketing fluff on any of those pages,
ever.  Technical supports resources should border on the verge of being
called ugly.  Don't waste my time as a technical admin with your
marketing fluff Flash and Shockwave animations.  Give me what I need so
I can keep your product up and running and my management happy.  If they
aren't happy we aren't buying any more of your product.  It's not rocket
science.

Justin