[c-nsp] Inter-AS L2VPN redundancy, option B (Ruzhanskaya Olga)

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:13:06 EDT 2009

If you are using BGP Signaling for L2VPN (Kompella style) Option B is
an option but not for Martini-style LDP signaled pseudowires.  You
would still need L2VPN inter-as support for option B, which I'm not
sure Cisco even supports.

You could use option C with targeted LDP sessions between the remote
ASBRs to exchange VC labels and then use MBGP between AS2/AS1 for
transport between ASBR2/ASBR3.   The transport LSP can easily be made
redundant.

Phil