[c-nsp] ASA5520 which image should I use?

NMaio at guesswho.com NMaio at guesswho.com
Fri Sep 25 09:29:40 EDT 2009

Obviously everybody's experience has been different but I have been running very nicely on 8.0.x code.  I am running on the latest interim code on both ASAs and PIXs due to a security flaw though.    (knock on wood) It has been very stable.  7.2.4 code was very buggy for me.  I was upgrading probably every other month due to bugs until we jumped to 8.x code a while ago.

Justin,
I believe I saw your posts on the RANCID list and although the 8.2 coredump problem can be a pain you can modify your rancid script to ignore the coredump file when rancid does a show flash.  I do this for dhcp snooping since the db is small enough that I can keep it in flash.  (Yes I know about the warning that they give when you configure like this)  Every time a lease expires or a new lease is distributed the file is updated which would make rancid grab the change.

Nick