[c-nsp] QOS mismatch for channel ports ??

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 25 10:33:44 EDT 2009

I have the following two ports on different modules and they have
different QOS scheduling which stops them from being members of a
channel group.

Is there a way to fix this by changing the QOS on one of the
ports  ?   I wanted to keep the ports on separate boards if possible.

--------

TenGigabitEthernet12/6
  Model:                 WS-X6708-10GE
  Type:                  10Gbase-LR
  Speed:                 10000
  Duplex:                full
  Trunk encap. type:     802.1Q,ISL
  Trunk mode:            on,off,desirable,nonegotiate
  Channel:               yes
  Broadcast suppression: percentage(0-100)
  Flowcontrol:           rx-(off,on),tx-(off,on)
  Membership:            static
  Fast Start:            yes
  QOS scheduling:        rx-(8q4t), tx-(1p7q4t)
  QOS queueing mode:     rx-(cos,dscp), tx-(cos,dscp)
  CoS rewrite:           yes
  ToS rewrite:           yes
  Inline power:          no
  Inline power policing: no
  SPAN:                  source/destination
  UDLD                   yes
  Link Debounce:         yes
  Link Debounce Time:    yes
  Ports-in-ASIC (Sub-port ASIC) : 2-3,6,8 (6)
  Remote switch uplink:  no
  Dot1x:                 yes
  Port-Security:         yes
---------

TenGigabitEthernet7/4
  Model:                 VS-S720-10G
  Type:                  10Gbase-LR
  Speed:                 10000
  Duplex:                full
  Trunk encap. type:     802.1Q,ISL
  Trunk mode:            on,off,desirable,nonegotiate
  Channel:               yes
  Broadcast suppression: percentage(0-100)
  Flowcontrol:           rx-(off,on),tx-(off,on)
  Membership:            static
  Fast Start:            yes
  QOS scheduling:        rx-(2q4t), tx-(1p3q4t)
  QOS queueing mode:     rx-(cos), tx-(cos)
  CoS rewrite:           yes
  ToS rewrite:           yes
  Inline power:          no
  Inline power policing: no
  SPAN:                  source/destination
  UDLD                   yes
  Link Debounce:         yes
  Link Debounce Time:    yes
  Ports-in-ASIC (Sub-port ASIC) : 1-5 (3-4)
  Remote switch uplink:  no
  Dot1x:                 yes
  Port-Security:         yes

Thanks in advance...