[c-nsp] QOS mismatch for channel ports ??

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 25 11:41:01 EDT 2009

That command is not available on 12.2SXI but I see that I could just
disable QOS per PORT.

Also I noticed this command which applies to mod 7 (supervisor) which
modifies the scheduling, but it looks like I would have to disable it
on the 7/4 port so it reverts back and matches the 12/6 scheduling.

----------------------

mls qos 10g-only

To enable quality of service (QoS) in 10g-only mode, in which only the
supervisor engine's 10-Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports are used, use the
mls qos 10g-only command in global configuration mode. To allow the
use of all uplink ports, including the 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports, use
the no form of this command.

mls qos 10g-only

no mls qos 10g-only

Syntax Description

This command has no arguments or keywords.

Command Default

All ports are active on the supervisor engine.

Command Modes

Global configuration (config)

Command History

Release
Modification
12.2(33)SXH

Support for this command was introduced on the Supervisor Engine
720-10GE.

Usage Guidelines

When you enter the mls qos 10g-only command, a supervisor engine with
both 1-Gigabit and 10-Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports reallocates the
interface queue capacity to improve the performance of its 10-Gigabit
Ethernet ports. The reallocation is possible only in 10g-only mode, in
which the supervisor engine's 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports are not used.
In the normal mode, when all supervisor engine ports are active, the
queue structure is 2q4t on receive and 1p3q4t on transmit. In 10g-only
mode, the queue structure is 8q4t on receive and 1p7q4t on transmit.

Note	To display detailed information about the queues, use the show
queueing interface command.
When you switch between normal and 10g-only modes, any existing QoS
configuration on the uplink ports is lost, and you must reconfigure
QoS. In addition, service will be temporarily lost on the ports during
the transition.

If you do not shut down the 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports before entering
the mls qos 10g-only command, the mls qos 10g-only command shuts down
the ports.

When you switch from 10g-only mode to normal mode, you must enter the
no shutdown command on each of the 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports to resume
QoS service on those ports.

In 10g-only mode, the 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports are visible, but they
remain in an administratively down state.

I don't want to turn any knobs unless I really understand what they do.

Jeff