[c-nsp] More on Download hell, java, accessibility and Cisco's response!

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Fri Sep 25 11:47:17 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I thought I would post my response that I received from a feedback message I
sent after not being able to use the new download tool.  I'm encouraged by
this response and will be sending Cisco detailed information on screen
reader java interactions.  For the general concerns it looks like a non java
release is in the works.

<MESSAGE FOLLOWS>

 Hello Scott,

Thank you for your feedback and we regret any inconvenience.

Could you please give us more insight on the difficulty you are facing
in downloading the software. Also provide some additional information
such as the specific steps in the download process where the screen
reader is inaccessible.

We are also working on a non Java download option in our upcoming
release.

Thanks so much for your time and patience.

Regards,
Meera