[c-nsp] More on Download hell, java, accessibility and Cisco's response!

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Sep 25 14:57:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

> I thought I would post my response that I received from a feedback
> message I sent after not being able to use the new download tool.  I'm
> encouraged by this response and will be sending Cisco detailed
> information on screen reader java interactions.  For the general concerns
> it looks like a non java release is in the works.

yep - I've now received 3 replies to the low scores and comments I have
given in the download questionaire.  not only is there the issue with filenames
on unix (if you choose a directory to save things in) but also theres a
no path = no file issue too. which isnt amusing after you think you've
just downloaded 5 IOS releases to undertake some work.

anyway, yes. non java option looks like its coming...

alan