[c-nsp] Inter-AS L2VPN redundancy, option B (Ruzhanskaya Olga)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Sep 28 03:32:12 EDT 2009

On Thursday 24 September 2009 03:15:49 pm Ольга Ружанская
wrote:

> Thank You for book,
> but approach proposed in it is for redundancy inside 1
> AS, not between 2 AS. I've seen it on cisco.com before..

Funny you should mention this - I was just talking to our
account team about options for EoMPLS NNI's from an inter-op
point of view.

Basically, L2VPN Pseudowire Switching and Back-to-Back
VLAN's are a single point of failure. You may add redundancy
by replicating NNI sessions, but this may not be scalable
from a management perspective.

You may also consider the options provided by Phil re:
Option C. I can't say we've looked at that yet.

But yes, if Cisco supported Option B BGP-style, that would
have been possible. But they do not.

Cheers,

Mark.