[c-nsp] send multicast over non-multicast-enabled switch

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Mon Sep 28 15:52:21 EDT 2009

Victor,

You could actually use GRE for that. The 7600 can do GRE in hardware
(assuming you have Sup720 and up).

You need to make sure that the multicast source would be an IP routed
through the GRE tunnel on the 7600, or else you would get RPF failures.

I would say the best practice would be to get a switch that can handle
multicast, and the above would be a workaround.

Arie