[c-nsp] Hardware for 'managed firewall'

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Tue Sep 29 19:05:34 EDT 2009

On 30/09/2009, at 7:08 AM, Dave Weis wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Christopher Hunt wrote:
>> As I painfully discovered, the Cisco ASA in Multiple Context mode
>> does not support IPSEC VPN clients nor L2TP3 tunnels
>
> That's a pretty big omission! Any ETA to add that capability?

Yeah, they've never supported VPN in multi-context mode.  Major pain.
And if you are a dense hosting provider the 50 context limit (and
limited performance) of a 5540 for example doesn't work too well.
These issues made us look around again and J-Vendor's boxes are making
the ASA's look a bit ordinary.

David