[c-nsp] EIGRP and BGP Administrative distance issue

jack daniels jckdaniels12 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 09:33:42 EDT 2010

 Hi guys,

My office 2 is DR site of DR1..............All my traffic goes out to MPLS
remote sites via office 1 , and it goes out via office 2 only when office is
down ...

Below is my office 2 network ....Network of office 1 and office 2 are
replica of each other.

OFFICE 2

MPLS router 1             MPLS router 2

L2 Switch

Distruition switch 1---------------Distribution Switch 2
  EIGRP DOMAIN

OFFICE 1--------------------MPLS Cloud

EBGP between -

1) DS1 and MPLS router 1
2) DS1 and MPLS router 2
3) DS2 and MPLS router 1
4) DS2 and MPLS router 2

IBGP

1) DS1 and DS2

At both DS I'm redistributing BGP to EIGRP .....

1) My office 2 is learning MPLS routes as preffered routes from EIGRP domain
Office 1
2) office 2 is DR site , so all traffic should go via office 1
3) when traffic of users in office 2 reach distribution switch 1 or 2 , they
find EBGP route AD 20 and route via EIGRP 170 ... so they go out via office
2 .Which is against requirement as its DR site only.
4) so how to route traffic to MPLS  via office 1 of users sitting in office
2 ...???
5) and how to route traffic to MPLS via office 2 when OFFICE1 is down ...???

Regards