[c-nsp] EIGRP and BGP Administrative distance issue

jack daniels jckdaniels12 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 15:14:04 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
sending again as my previous post had some info missing . please IGNORE

My office 2 is DR site of office1..............All my traffic goes out to
MPLS remote sites via office 1 , and it goes out via office 2 only when
office1 is down ...

Below is my office 2 network ....Network of office 1 and office 2 are
replica of each other.

OFFICE 2

MPLS router 1             MPLS router 2

 |                          |
           L2 Switch

DS 1---------------DS 2
  EIGRP DOMAIN

OFFICE 1--------------------MPLS Cloud

EBGP between -

1) DS1 and MPLS router 1
2) DS1 and MPLS router 2
3) DS2 and MPLS router 1
4) DS2 and MPLS router 2

IBGP

1) DS1 and DS2

At both DS I'm redistributing BGP to EIGRP .....

1) My office 2 is learning MPLS routes routes from EIGRP domain Office 1  as
well as from Office 2 MPLS links ( EBGP)
2) office 2 is DR site , so all traffic should go via office 1
3) when traffic of users in office 2 reach DS1 or DS 2( gateway of users in
office 2)  , they find EBGP route AD 20 and route via EIGRP 170 ... so they
go out via office 2 .Which is against requirement as its DR site only.
office 2 should be used only when office1 is down.
4) so how to route traffic to MPLS  via office 1 of users sitting in office
2 ...???
5) and how to route traffic to MPLS via office 2 when OFFICE1 is down ...???

Regards