[c-nsp] Question - VLAN tagging Catalyst 6500 to Linux Host

Bøvre Jon Harald Jon.Harald.Bovre at hafslund.no
Mon Apr 5 14:36:27 EDT 2010

Don't know any spesific regarding vlan 1006-1024 but you could face problems regarding internal vlans (vrf, layer3 interface, vfi)

'show vlan internal usage' to show if any internal vlans are used
'vlan internal allocation policy ascending' allocates vlan from 1006 upwards
'vlan internal allocation policy descending' allocates vlan from 4094 downwards

Jon