[c-nsp] OT: Cisco IDSM-2 Deployment Scenario Question

Felix Nkansah felixnkansah at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 23:35:57 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have this scenario:

There are several user VLANs and one server farm VLAN in a network.

The requirement is to deploy a new Cisco IDSM-2 module inline on the
core/distribution 6509 switch such that user traffic destined to servers is
subjected to application inspection and prevention.

The inline mode and inline-vlan-pair modes seem to allow one-to-one VLAN
mapping only. However, I am interested in mapping several user VLANs to the
single server farm VLAN on the IDSM monitoring port(s).

What design or configuration approach can I use in this scenario? Thanks.

Felix