[c-nsp] Question - VLAN tagging Catalyst 6500 to Linux Host

Security Team cisco at peakpeak.com
Tue Apr 6 12:26:54 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

Here is what I came up with based on what you all told me yesterday.  Does
this look correct for routing both tagged and untagged VLANS (one of each
shown here) to the Linux host?

I really appreciate the pointers on this.  Since the software isn¹t working
right on the Linux side and the vendor is calling me today it would be
awesome if I knew I had the right configuration in the Catalyst so we don¹t
have to ³point² and blame that.

Thanks,
CJ

interface Port-channel32
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk native vlan 309
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 309,999-1001
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
!
interface GigabitEthernet4/32
 description One of the 3 identical bonded LACP GigE interfaces
 load-interval 30
 speed 1000
 duplex full
 switchport
 switchport trunk native vlan 309
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 309,999-1001
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
 channel-group 32 mode active
 channel-protocol lacp
!
interface Vlan309
 description /27 for NATIVE (untagged) VLAN
 ip address 10.1.1.1   255.255.255.224
 load-interval 30
!
interface Vlan1001
 description One of the TAGGED VLANs
 ip address 192.168.101.1   255.255.255.0