[c-nsp] BGP announcing route with no subnet mask

Andy Ashley lists at nexus6.co.za
Wed Apr 7 07:01:23 EDT 2010

Hi,

We have a pair of 6500's at the core running iBGP to some 7200 border
routers (border+core have full routes), which are connected to our
upstreams.
Im using a tagged static on the 6500's to advertise prefixes.

ip route 193.x.x.0 255.255.255.0 Null0 200 tag 200

However, this route is being advertised to the border routers without a
subnet mask:

CSW01#sh ip bgp neighbors <border router peer IP> advertised-routes | i
193.x.x.0
*> 193.x.x.0    0.0.0.0                  0         32768 i

The route is visible via one transit provider + our peers (showing the
correct /24 subnet mask):

route-server# sh ip bgp 193.x.x.0
BGP routing table entry for 193.x.x.0/24

But not via the other transit provider.

The other /24's and additional prefixes are fine.
Any ideas what causes this?

Regards,
Andy.

believed to be clean.