[c-nsp] SXH7 funny

Anton Kapela tkapela at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:05:50 EDT 2010

On Apr 8, 2010, at 2:21 PM, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> I mean, does anyone notice when we get it right? ;)

...I do notice, trust me. SXF17a is nice and mature now, and I thank customers of cisco for using enough of the product to justify keeping it alive this long. I think Safe Harbor testing and more rigorous automated testing procedures are something more more customers should request. How this is paid for or justified internally is beyond the scope of this list. ;)

As an asside, I see (looking through the SXF release note collections) that 400+ public bugs have been squished/resolved since SXF1 (though looking at a small sampling reveals a non-zero %age are 'regressions,' tisk!), that's quite something. Perhaps regressions and bugs in general simply indicate a failure mode that's endemic or linked to the present state of the market/state of the art/competitive pressures.

I really do wonder what 'routers' would cost if all of the N-factorial configuration states could be unit-tested automatically via specialized jtag or wacky control plane injection apparatuses.

-Tk