[c-nsp] High drop rate with not much utilization

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Fri Apr 9 08:58:15 EDT 2010

It's almost always microburst from the LAN going over the WAN side BW.

Try this, remove the egress QOS policy and put a simple rate limiter on
there to conform at 40 Mbps and for exceeds just transmit.

Then watch to see if you see exceeds. If so you are overrunning the
egress side BW and the buffers are not deep enough to handle it.

That's the most common when the LAN side is a higher speed..ie: Gige.

Rodney