[c-nsp] BGP as-path access list question on 1841 routers

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 01:04:30 EDT 2010

That depends on if both BGP neighbors support route refresh capability I
think.  Looks like it's negotiated upon BGP neighbor establishment:

001052: *Apr 10 18:32:18.372 PDT: BGP: <ip> OPEN has ROUTE-REFRESH
capability(old) for all address-families
001053: *Apr 10 18:32:18.372 PDT: BGP: <ip> rcvd OPEN w/ optional parameter
type 2 (Capability) len 2
001054: *Apr 10 18:32:18.372 PDT: BGP: <ip> OPEN has CAPABILITY code: 2,
length 0
001055: *Apr 10 18:32:18.372 PDT: BGP: <ip> OPEN has ROUTE-REFRESH
capability(new) for all address-families
001056: *Apr 10 18:32:18.372 PDT: BGP: <ip> rcvd OPEN w/ optional parameter
type 2 (Capability) len 3

Kenny