[c-nsp] IGMP snooping/multicast on cisco SGE2010p

Craig tasdevil at newsguy.com
Tue Apr 13 03:39:02 EDT 2010

Hi. I have a cisco sge2010p small business switch I'm trying to get working
with IGMP (for Windows Deployment Services imaging on 2008r2). This is a
simple single-segment lan; no multicast router. This is the only switch. I
cannot get the switch to stop sending the multicast to all ports (effectively
a broadcast storm). The switch is brand new and updated 2 weeks ago to latest
firmware. I have tried using the switch's querier and also windows' rras IGMP
but neither fixes the broadcast storm kills everything.

In the below configuration, I set the vlan ports to igmp filtering (looks like
i skipped port 24 by mistake). When set to filtering the multicast sessions
cant even get started. When in forwarding mode you get the flood.

Any help would be very very much greatly appreciated.

Cisco-sw1# sh run
bridge multicast filtering
ip igmp snooping
interface vlan 1
ip igmp snooping
exit
interface range ethernet 1/g(1-23,25-47)
bridge multicast unregistered filtering
exit
interface vlan 1
ip igmp snooping querier version 3
ip igmp snooping querier enable
exit
interface vlan 1
ip address dhcp
exit
hostname Cisco-sw1
username xxxxx

Cisco-sw1# sh ip igmp snooping int 1

IGMP Snooping is globaly enabled
IGMP Snooping is enabled on VLAN 1
IGMP Snooping admin: enabled
Routers IGMP version: 3
Groups that are in IGMP version 2 compatibility mode:
Groups that are in IGMP version 1 compatibility mode:
IGMP snooping querier admin: enabled
IGMP snooping querier oper: disabled
IGMP snooping querier address admin:
IGMP snooping querier address oper: 192.168.10.9
IGMP snooping querier admin version: 3
IGMP host timeout is 260 sec
IGMP Immediate leave is disabled. IGMP leave timeout is 10 sec
IGMP mrouter timeout is 300 sec
Automatic learning of multicast router ports is enabled

----