[c-nsp] Bonding multiple 3G HWIC signals?

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:01:01 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Andrei-Marius Radu <andreir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I think that Cisco is saying you should use different carries because
> if you have 3-4 3G cards with services from the same carrier all those
> 3G cards will associate with the same wireless phone cell and that
> cell may or may not have enough uplink bandwidth. For example if that
> cell has 4 E1s for packet traffic that would only sum up to 8Mbps.
> This should apply to one or multiple routers in the same location.

IANAWWANE*, but I'd be curious to know just how unique cell cites are
to a carrier in dense/interesting locations; from my small, cursory
knowledge of cell sites and associated backhaul archs, it's more
GSM/CDMA than Carrier A/Carrier B...and even then...

regards,
aaron.glenn

*I am not a wireless WAN engineer