[c-nsp] 3750X?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Apr 15 03:58:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 08:57:13AM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> Our vendor wants to do a dog & pony show on the new 3750X (and 3560X
> and 2960S) switches that Cisco has just released.
[..]
> So, before the meeting, does anyone else have opinions or questions
> that I should be asking?

Ask them about the buffer size available to packet bursts, especially
in comparison to the 2960 series (who have tiny buffers and start dropping
packets already under standard workload conditions).  Don't accept
handwaving and "QoS will fix this" arguments (as turning on QoS on the
2960 will carve the tiny buffers into 4 times tiny/4 buffers, making the
problem *worse*...)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de