[c-nsp] heat fins popping loose on WS-X67xx cards

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Apr 15 09:36:24 EDT 2010

That's a fairly common (but seems to me stupid) design.  Basically a U
shaped jumper block used to anchor springs holding a heat sink in place.
My home desktop motherboard had one pull out just like that.  I superglued
it back in place and the repair outlasted the rest of the board (a few
years).  Capacitors on the board ended up failing forcing me to upgrade.

I don't understand why they don't bend the legs under the circuit board to
make pulling out less likely...or even do that and then either weld/solder
them together.