[c-nsp] Multiprotocol BGP with Cisco

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Fri Apr 16 16:14:33 EDT 2010

On 16-4-2010 20:47, Steve Bertrand w rote:
> You just have to activate the neighbor in both address-family, and have
> the appropriate prefix lists and other policy config applied in both.

For a common IOS I could imagine doing it in the way you described. The
only problem is I am trying to achieve it with IOS XR (Cisco CRS-1). The
syntax here is a little bit different - you activate address-family
within the neighbor configuration and there is no way to activate v6
family on v4 peer and v4 family on v6 peer. I opened a TAC case and the
engineer first answered me "of course you can", then "no, you cannot",
and then "I have to escalate it" ;)

--
Grzegorz Janoszka