[c-nsp] ASR1k | Etherchannel / LAG bundles

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Apr 18 11:23:25 EDT 2010

On Saturday 17 April 2010 04:46:20 am Bill Blackford wrote:

> Does anyone have any input on this? I've seen some noise
>  on the list before claiming how the ASR's simply do not
>  support Ethernet link aggregation at this time. Anyone
>  know whether or not it's in the feature roadmap?

Running IOS XE 2.6.0(XNF) here, LACP works well.

One problem, though - ingress QoS is currently unsupported
on the port-channel interfaces. While the recommended
workaround would be to add them to member links, they don't
work there either. Support should follow in coming releases
(it's a real bummer!).

I'm also getting my SE to confirm on other limitations,
e.g., support for only up to 4 members in the LAG.

My recommendation would be go for 2.6.0(XNF) as that offers
a number of improvements in GEC (Gigabit EthernetChannel),
as Cisco call it, e.g., better load sharing algorithms,
e.t.c.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.