[c-nsp] 6500 line card mounted cable management bars (??)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Apr 20 20:39:02 EDT 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Brandon Applegate wrote:

> We have some of these in the data center.  They fit the screws on the Cat
> 6500 line cards, and they slide on.  So they a) can be installed/removed
> without taking line card out and b) do NOT go in front of the dreaded fan
> card.  They are very simple, and flat, and have a row of slits for velcro /
> tie downs.

On a side-note, can't we all contact our sales teams and tell them about
our interest in a high-density breakout cable solution for our industry?
Having RJ45 on the actual blade makes for problems with both density and
cable mess when swapping LCs. We need a 12+ high density connector so a 48
port card just has 4 cables coming out of it.

I know of the older cards, but we need something that'll work across
vendors as well. Let's fix this cable mess in a more widely adoptable way!

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se