[c-nsp] USB to Serial Converter recommendation

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Wed Apr 21 04:15:43 EDT 2010

Hello List,

Someone once told me that there is no such thing as dummy question so I am
going to ask.

Could anyone recommend a USB to Serial Converter that :

- is compatible Mac OS X,

- is compatible with minicom (or else),

*- knows how to send breaks (the must have feature),*

I have been stuck with this model that doesn't know how to end breaks,
useless :

http://www.trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=150_TU-S9&cat=49

I have been googling around but manufacturers documentations are very
detailed about their products' capabilities.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Cheers.

Y.

--
Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR ………………………………………………
Ingénieur Réseaux et Télécoms

Technopole de l'Aube  en Champagne - BP 601 - 10901 TROYES  Cedex 9
Agence Paris : 6, rue Charles Floquet - 92120 MONTROUGE
Tel                 +33 (0) 825 000 720
Tel. direct      +33 (0) 1 77 35 59 14
Tel. portable  +33 (0) 6 22 42 63 80
Email            ybz at 720.fr