[c-nsp] Radius Accounting Question

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Apr 21 21:54:36 EDT 2010

We use accounting to start/stop an internet filtering service for customer
who've signed up, and we've not had an issue with RADIUS accounting.  We
added "aaa accounting update periodic 480 jitter maximum 600" to help catch
an hiccups on the internet filtering device if it loses state on a
connection.

In our virtual template we have "ppp authentication xxx radius-group-aaa"
defined, and which depends on the following:

aaa group server radius radius-group
 server-private a.b.0.36 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7 <snip>
 server-private a.b.0.37 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7 <snip>
 load-balance method least-outstanding
!
aaa authentication ppp default group radius-group
aaa authentication ppp radius-group-aaa group radius-group
aaa authorization network default group radius-group
aaa authorization network radius-group-aaa group radius-group
aaa accounting delay-start all
aaa accounting update periodic 480 jitter maximum 600
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius-group
aaa accounting network radius-group-aaa start-stop group radius-group

We're running 12.2(31)SB16.

Frank