[c-nsp] Experience on MPLS-TP (MPLS Transport profile)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Apr 25 06:50:03 EDT 2010

On Saturday 24 April 2010 06:58:26 pm Farhan Jaffer wrote:

> Any one who have an experience on network running
>  MPLS-TP? I would like to know that how this technology
>  is being adopt by service providers, especially those
>  who are running IP/MPLS backbone in their networks.

AFAIK, no real implementations exist in production.

Much of the work is still within the standards bodies, and a
number of working groups are working on various parts of the
protocol.

A general update from Luca Martini can be found here:

http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog48/presentations/Tuesday/Martini_MPLS_N48.pdf

It's going to be interesting to see how existing IP/MPLS
backbones receive MPLS-TP, especially if they aren't
incumbents. That said, I can see how legacy telco's would
like the concepts it presents, even though they may have
existing IP/MPLS backbones.

Cheers,

Mark.