[c-nsp] WiMAX Download

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 09:44:26 EDT 2010

Yes, it's reasonable due to the high latency of 802.16e and to some
packet losses that are intrinsic to wireless access. Bandwidth is
something related to latency in an inverse linear proportion, and to
that latency you have the add all the way till the server where the
user is getting content from, which is usually in another country and
subject to more latency.

Having caches (both HTTP and P2P) and CDNs on your network may provide
a better perception of service quality.

Rubens