[c-nsp] ouch 7204vxr reloaded

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Thu Apr 29 21:25:57 EDT 2010

    This is becomming a crisis. The logical problem soliving procedure
here is producing no leads or answers, I just have stuff thats beginning
to die and experience 'never been seen before' malfunctions all across
the network. From today, I have:

    An adtran ta5000 in a telco collocation space, suddenly experience
the sudden restart of a single (adsl) card. No reason given.
    A customer router (soekris engineering SBC) had an ethernet port
simply lock up and require a power cycle.
    A disk array controller in my noc suddenly threw up disk block errors

    ALL of these have _nothing_ in common. No mains power, no network
connections, nothing. They are further physically seperated by
substantial distance and administrative domains. So every day now I am
experiencing these exceptional 'never in a lifetime' events. I am
beginning to think there's something envionmental happening that is
having a wide area of effect, maybe like an exceptional elctromagnetic
or alpha partical storm of some kind? I can't possibly be the only one here.

Mike-